Credits: Stock photo
A man who lost his penis to flesh-eating bacteria after penile implant surgery was unsuccessful in suing the anesthesiologist who'd cleared him for the procedure.
Enrique Milla was 60 when he underwent surgery in 2007 to correct erectile dysfunction, but had to have his penis amputated after he developed a gangrenous infection about nine days later, according to the report by Courthouse News Service.
Milla sought millions in compensation because, he contended,
Dr. Laurentiu Boeru overlooked his diabetes and high blood pressure, which would impede his recovery, the report said.
A Miami jury cleared Boeru Tuesday in deciding he had not been negligent.
Milla previously settled out of court with Dr. Paul Perito, the urologist who performed the operation, CNS said.