Credits: ANDRE FORGET/QMI Agency
The topless photos of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, are not the first time stories and photos about the royals have raised eyebrows.
- In August, Prince Harry was snapped getting naked in his Las Vegas hotel suite during a private vacation. He was playing strip billiards with girls he and his friends had invited up to the suite. The photos were published by the celebrity gossip website TMZ.
- Katrina Darling makes headlines in 2011 after it's discovered she's the cousin of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. She's a burlesque dancer who does a number to God Save the Queen. She was on the cover of Playboy in September.
- Sarah Ferguson made headlines in 2010 when she offered to put a fake Arab businessman in touch with her ex-husband Prince Andrew for about $780,000 so the royal could help the man with his business. "I can open any door you want, and I will for you. Look after me and he'll look after you ... you'll get it back tenfold," she told the man on tape. Turned out, the businessman was a News of the World reporter.
- In January 2005, Prince Harry wore a Nazi uniform to a friend's birthday party. The photo, which also showed the prince drinking and smoking a cigarette, was splashed across the front page of the U.K. Sun newspaper with the headline Harry the Nazi. On Jan. 12, he issued an apology for his "poor choice of costume."
- While still married to Prince Andrew, Sarah Ferguson was photographed topless and having her toes sucked by a Texas businessman (a man she said was her financial adviser) while on vacation in 1992. The photos were published in the Daily Mirror.
- In 2009, a video was leaked showing Prince Harry calling one of his army comrades, who was of Pakistani descent, "our little Paki friend" and calling another man a "raghead."
- In taped conversations leaked in 1992, Prince Charles told his lover Camilla Parker-Bowles he would like to be "reincarnated as a tampon and live inside your trousers forever." The scandal was called Camillagate.
- Prince Philip has been known for saying the wrong thing on tours of other countries. In 2002, he asked an Aboriginal businessman in Australia if Natives "still throw spears at each other." In 1986, he told a group of British students studying in China if they stayed in the country for too long, "you'll all be slitty-eyed."
- On May 1, 1994, Diana was photographed sunbathing topless in Spain. Diana would later say the photographs were "like a rape."